The aim of the CoreHR Upgrade project is to:
- Upgrade the University's HRIS to the latest version. Initially upgrading from version 20 to version 26, and thereafter to the latest version available.
- Move to Core's cloud-hosted solution
- Introduce enhanced functionality
- Implement a new reporting tool to replace Oracle Discoverer
- Go paperless with payslips
Timescales and implementation
A phased approach to delivering the project was adopted via two phases.
In May 2019, Phase one delivered the cloud-hosted solution and the changes to the Staff Request functionality on v26. The second phase will be delivered in two parts; Phase 2.1 and Phase 2.2. In Phase 2.1, the Recruitment module will be migrated from the Back Office to the Portal area, expected to be in the first quarter of 2020. Phase 2.2 will introduce more significant system changes on the latest version available. This is expected to result in changes to system functionality, training and HR and system processes. The go-live for this is expected to be in the second qarter of 2020. In addition, paper payslips will be withdrawn for University employees by the end of Phase 2.2 and a new reporting tool will be introduced.